• Participants should register according to their age as of 12/31/2018.
• The age groups are: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
• Events will be conducted by age group except when it is necessary to combine for competition.
• The age group for doubles teams, 4x100 Meter Relay, and 3-on-3 basketball teams will be determined by the youngest player. All team members must submit an individual entry form and entry fee. Partner/teammate(s) must be indicated on the entry form to be eligible to participate.
• A confirmation will be sent to you after your entry form is received. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing. If registering online, a confirmation email will be sent upon completion of registration.
• We encourage participants to bring their confirmation with them to check in.
• A special rate for participants of the Nebraska Senior Games will be offered at the following hotels. Best Western Plus Mid Nebraska Inn and Suites (225 South 2nd Ave.) with a special Senior Games rate of $82.99 per night. Holiday Inn (110 South 2nd Ave.) and Holiday Inn Express (508 South 2nd Ave.) with a special Senior Games rate of $89.00.
• To ensure availability, we suggest you make your reservations early. Best Western Inn and Suites: 308-234-2541, Holiday Inn: 308-237-5971, Holiday Inn Express: 308-234-8100.
Check-In Times and Event Scheduling:
• Participants must check-in at the Nebraska Senior Games Headquarters (Kearney Visitors Bureau, 1007 2nd Ave.) prior to participation. This can be done at the following times: Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 2, from 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday, Aug. 3, from 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 4, from 6:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 5, from 6:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
• A commemorative t-shirt, goodie bag, schedule, map and other important information will be provided at check-in.
• Participants should be at their event venue at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time, as listed on the schedule.
• Participants are allowed and encouraged to enter more than one event, but do so at their own risk as schedule changes cannot be made to accommodate sports that occur simultaneously. Please plan accordingly.
• In the event of inclement weather or unusual/extenuating circumstances, Senior Games Officials reserve the right to change the format of the competition, postpone events, or cancel. Refunds will not be given due to weather.
• Refunds will only be granted if requested prior to July 20, 2018.
• Medals will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category at the event venue; excluding free events.
• The Nebraska Senior Games are “OPEN” to out-of-state residents.
• Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.
• This is a qualifying year for Nationals that will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico June 14-25, 2019.
Friday, August 3 at 6:30 p.m.
The Archway, 3060 East 1st Street
Enjoy a delicious catered meal and a Magic Show, $18 per person.
Magician "JarodC." specializes in making events unforgettable. His hilarious brand of comedy, incredible sleight of hand and captivating audience interaction, combined with his vast experience onstage, makes him a huge hit for audiences of all ages!
After the Magic Show, feel free to check out “The Archway” for a discount price of $9.00 plus tax ; collected the night of the event. Spanning I-80, today’s transcontinental travel corridor, the Archway celebrates the lives of all of the adventurers who followed the river’s path and helped to build our nation. With life-size figures and a self-directed audio guide, the Archway’s historical exhibit brings their story to life.