• Participants should register according to their age as of 12/31/2019.
• The age groups are: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
• Events will be conducted by age group except when it is necessary to combine for competition.
• The age group for doubles teams, 4x100 Meter Relay, and 3-on-3 basketball teams will be determined by the youngest player. All team members must submit an individual entry form and entry fee. Partner/teammate(s) must be indicated on the entry form to be eligible to participate.
• There is a $25.00 registration fee, this includes a commemorative t-shirt, goodie bag, and first event fee.
• For each additional event registered, a $2.00 registration fee will be added. For example, if you are registering for 100m dash, 200m dash and singles badminton, a $2.00 fee for additional events is required for both the 200m dash and singles badminton, your total fee would be $29.00.
• A confirmation will be sent to you after your entry form is received. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing. If registering online, a confirmation email will be sent upon completion of registration.
• We encourage participants to bring their confirmation with them to check in.
• A special rate for participants of the Nebraska Senior Games will be offered, more information coming soon.
Check-In Times and Event Scheduling:
• Participants must check-in at the Nebraska Senior Games Headquarters (Kearney Visitors Bureau, 1007 2nd Ave.) prior to participation. This can be done at the following times: Wednesday, July 31, from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 1, from 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday, Aug. 2, from 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 3, from 6:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 4, from 6:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
• A commemorative t-shirt, goodie bag, schedule, map and other important information will be provided at check-in.
• Participants should be at their event venue at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time, as listed on the schedule.
• Participants are allowed and encouraged to enter more than one event, but do so at their own risk as schedule changes cannot be made to accommodate sports that occur simultaneously. Please plan accordingly.
• In the event of inclement weather or unusual/extenuating circumstances, Senior Games Officials reserve the right to change the format of the competition, postpone events, or cancel. Refunds will not be given due to weather.
• Refunds will only be granted if requested prior to July 19, 2019.
• Medals will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category at the event venue; excluding free events.
• The Nebraska Senior Games are “OPEN” to out-of-state residents.
• Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.
• This is a qualifying year for Nationals that will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico June 14-25, 2019.
More information to come.