• Participants should register according to their age as of 12/31/2021.
• The age groups are: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
• Events will be conducted by age group except when it is necessary to combine for competition.
• The age group for doubles teams teams will be determined by the youngest player. All team members must submit an individual entry form and entry fee. Partner/teammate(s) must be indicated on the entry form to be eligible to participate.
• Registration fee is $25.00. The registration deadline is Monday, July 19. Registration fee includes a commemorative t-shirt, goodie bag, and first event fee.
• For each additional event registered, a $2.00 registration fee will be added. For example, if you are registering for 100m dash, 200m dash and singles badminton, a $2.00 fee for additional events is required for both the 200m dash and singles badminton; your total fee would be $29.00.
• Facitliy Fees (payable at the event site prior to each event): Bowling - $5.00 per set of 3 games, Golf - $25.00 plus tax (green fee, cart and range balls included).
• A confirmation will be sent to you after your entry form is received. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing. If registering online, a confirmation email will be sent upon completion of registration.
• We encourage participants to bring their confirmation with them to check in.
• The official Nebraska Senior Games hotel is Best Western Plus Mid Nebraska Inn and Suites (225 2nd Ave. South). A special Senior Games rate of $84.99 per night will be available to participants.
• To ensure availability, we suggest you make your reservations early. Phone: 308-234-2541.
Check-In Times and Event Scheduling:
• Participants must check-in at the Peterson Senior Activity Center at Yanney Park (2020 West 11th Street) prior to participation. This can be done at the following times: Wednesday, August 4, from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Thursday, August 5, from 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Friday, August 6, from 6:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday, August 7, from 6:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Sunday, August 8, from 6:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
• A commemorative t-shirt, goodie bag, schedule, map and other important information will be provided at check-in.
• Participants should be at their event venue at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time, as listed on the schedule.
• Participants are allowed and encouraged to enter more than one event, but do so at their own risk as schedule changes cannot be made to accommodate sports that occur simultaneously. Please plan accordingly.
• In the event of inclement weather or unusual/extenuating circumstances(which includes COVID-19 guidelines), Senior Games Officials reserve the right to change the format of the competition, postpone events, or cancel.
• Refunds will not be given due to weather. Refunds will only be granted if requested prior to July 21, 2021 or if Senior Games Officials cancel the Games.
• Medals will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age category at the event venue; excluding free events.
• The Nebraska Senior Games are “OPEN” to out-of-state residents.
• Competition must take place to determine an award. If there is only one individual entered in an age group, that athlete must enter and complete the event in order to receive the medal. That athlete will be placed in the closest age category with, but not against, those athletes.
• This is a qualifying year for Nationals that will be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida May 10-23, 2022.
Friday, August 6th at 6:30pm at the Peterson Senior Activity Center (2020 West 11th Street). Enjoy a delicious catered meal and join The Askin' Nebraskan Trivia for a fun game of team based trivia testing your knowledge on TV & Movies from years gone by, History, sports and more! $15 per person.
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19 and unknown directed health measures at the time of the Nebraska Senior Games, we reserve the right to cancel the Games. Nebraska Senior Games, Kearney Park and Recreation and the Kearney Visitor Bureau are committed to keeping athletes healthy and safe. If the Games must be cancelled, participants will receive a refund (minus the processing fee if registering online).
Due to COVID-19 and Directed Health Measures, there may be additional designated rules and guidelines that will need to be followed for each event.